Through the generosity of the Friends of the Guilford Free Library, our patrons now have access to the online film streaming service, Kanopy!
Offering what the New York Times calls “a garden of cinematic delights,” Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment,” Kanopy provides access to films of unique social and cultural value; films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere, and programming that features diversity.
- No waiting lists and no fines
- Each cardholder can stream 10 titles per month
- You will have access to each title for 3 days
- Your play limit resets on the 1st of the month
- Kanopy is available for computers, iOS and Android devices and is also compatible with Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast
How to Signup for Kanopy:
- Click here to open Kanopy’s website
- Click ‘Signup’ in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Enter your first and last name, e-mail address, and create a password
- Click ‘Signup’. Kanopy will send you a verification e-mail to the e-mail address you provided. Check your e-mail and click the ‘Verify my Email’ button to verify your address. A new window will open and bring you back to Kanopy.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Add library card’ and enter your library card number
- Click ‘Save’
- Enjoy Kanopy!