Stories and songs in the sunshine on the library lawn, weather permitting. Listen to stories and dance to great children’s music in this brand-new program for children ages 4 & up with a parent/caregiver. Registration absolutely required. Space is very limited. See below for safety procedures (strictly enforced – those who cannot follow safety protocols will be asked to leave immediately). Please register for each date individually.
Wednesday, September 16th, 23rd, & 30th from 11:00am-11:45am.
Please read all safety guidelines before you register!
- Masks must be worn at all times, by children AND adults. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Only open to children aged 4 & up; younger siblings under age 4 are not allowed.
- Up to 2 children per adult (you must state at the time of registration if you are bringing 1 or 2 children).
- Children must remain with their adult at all times, within their safely-spaced carpet square on the lawn.
- Temperature checks will be made at the beginning of the class with a touch-free forehead thermometer. Anyone with a temperature 100°F or above will be asked to leave.
- If you or your child have come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within 14 days, DO NOT come to this program.
- If you or your child are exhibiting signs of illness, DO NOT attend this class.
- Registration absolutely required; registration closes 24 hours before start of class. No drop-ins allowed.
- Any props used will be in place before class starts on your designated carpet square. Adults are in charge of making sure they are only used during the appropriate parts of the program and that children are not disruptive. Props will not be handed out/collected during class and there will be no extras. No props are to be shared or swapped between family groups. All props are to be left on squares at the end of class for the librarian to safely collect and put into quarantine.
- No food, as this requires mask removal. Brief sips of water are allowed so long as the mask immediately returns to cover the mouth AND nose.
- We recommend you apply sunscreen and/or bug spray prior to coming to this class, and/or wear a hat, as we will be outside in the sun.
- In the case of inclement weather (extreme temperatures, rain, thunder, etc.), the class will be canceled. Please call the library if you are unsure if that day’s program will continue.
- Call the library if you can no longer make a class, so that we may open that spot up to someone else. Space is very limited and we appreciate you being considerate of this.
We understand that this will be a departure from our pre-pandemic storytime policies and procedures, and that it is a lot to take in. However, after consulting local, state, and national health officials, we feel we must take every single precaution to keep our staff and our patrons safe.